Saturday, March 15, 2014

Exciting Detour! The World of Jan Brett

As we were driving back from Asheville a couple of days we pasted the Upcountry History Museum and they had a new exhibit! 
Miss Hayes and I really enjoy books written and/or illustrated by Jan Brett. She has a one-of-a-kind way of illustrating books that make them instantly recognizable to both kids and adults.  
One of her most recognizable books is The Gingerbread Baby.
Fun little fact! She would make gingerbread cookie dough and shape the cutouts to help her illustrate the pictures.

The museum had many of her paintings/illustrations displayed, here are some of my favorites!

And my absolute favorite!!
This is from the book "Hedgie Blasts Off" I look forward to reading this book when I get back!


One of the fun parts of reading is finding authors and illustrators that you enjoy each time you pick up their work. That's how I feel about Jan Brett, I enjoy finding and collecting her new books. I hope as you grow as readers you will find books that you love and you will share them with family and friends!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment